Quality Auto Inspection Done Right
At IAE -Independent Automotive Engineers, we specialise in providing quality vehicle inspection reports as well as other Vehicle related services, we live for Vehicles.
With our experts team, we can offer our auto inspection services in Sydney, Central and South Coast, and Blue Mountains. Our team take their time to do each inspection thoroughly and each inspection report includes a detailed analysis of the body, paint, chrome, signs of accident damage, rust or damage. Your thorough car inspection will also include engine check, test drive, and photographs of the Vehicle, checks of the tyres, wheels, instrumentation, interior and more. We provide specialist tailored vehicle inspection reports for different types of vehicles and offer a free professional consultation to every client.
A classic or collector car, can be a rewarding and profitable investment. Or it can be a nightmare and a money pit that can quickly ruin your bank account, destroy your marriage, or worse !Not every seller is honest, after all, it’s just a used car, so buyer beware ! And remember, everything can be made to look good in a photo.With over 30 years experience, buying, selling and repairing classics,
We will thoroughly inspect the vehicle and make sure you know exactly what you’re potentially investing in. With prices for some vehicles hitting stratospheric heights, you really need a knowledgeable eye to look over a major investment All vehicles are researched before the inspection, for known problem areas and these are thoroughly investigated.
Call us first, before you buy plane tickets and take time of work, to look at a car that may be badly misrepresented.
We also can help interstate customers with shipping that chosen Car back to their home state, we have contacts within the trade, just ask us.
The Best Inspection Service from Experts
Our Comprehensive vehicle inspections include a wide variety of internal and external checks.
In addition, a car inspection from IAE – Independent Automotive Engineers comes with added Peace of Mind “Rego & PPRS Written Off / Outstanding Finance Status Report“ and a digital photo package to ensure a comprehensive evaluation of the car’s overall condition.
|Digital Photo Package||Wheels & Tyres||Engine Maintenance|
|Vehicle & Options||Seating||Audio & Video Components|
|Exterior||Under the Bonnet||Rego / Written Off / Finance Report|
Look at Our Inspections Plans
Check which of these plans is the best for you.
$180 + GST = $198COMPREHENSIVEPassenger Cars / Wagons / SUV / 4 X 4 – Petrol and Diesel,
$270 + GST = $297COMPREHENSIVEClassic Car,
Please note: After purchasing an Inspection, PayPal will redirect you to our Booking Completion page
If for any reason you are not redirected – Please visit our Booking Completion page here
Both Comprehensive Inspections covers all the areas below and more:
Please see Classic Car Buying section for additional Comprehensive Checks for Classic Cars
- Windshield – Front & Rear.
- Windows / Mirrors and Tinting
- Panels, Bonnet, Boot / Tail Gate, Front Bumper, Doors, Grille, Rear Bumper, Quarter Panels and Roof
- Dents, Dings, Hail Damage and Scratches,
- Headlights, Tail Lights, Brake Lights, Indicators and Wipers / Washers
- Tow Bar
- Ute Liner, Cargo Cover and Bull Bars.
- Wind deflectors – Spoilers / Body Kits.
Wheels and Tyres
- Tyres, Wheels and Wheel Covers.
- Tyre Specifications Tyre Manufacturer / Size.
- Depth of Thread
- Spare Tyre
- Tools for Changing Tyres
Under The Bonnet & Electrical System
- Verification of Vin Number and any Modifications.
- Pumps – Water, Steering & Air Conditioning
- Fluid Levels/Visual Indication of Leaks
- Fluid level verification includes
- Transmission Fluid*
- Brake Fluid, Condition
- Power Steering Fluid
- Coolant, Pressure and Condition*
- Hoses and Belts* (Engine Timing Belt and Chain Excluded)
- Battery / Charging / Starting System.
- Clutch & Linkage
- Front and Rear Seating
- Power Seats
- Heated Seats
- Seat belts
- Seat Covers
- Colour Match
- OBD11 Faults*
- Power Windows, Locks, Mirrors, Switches.
- (ABS) Brakes and (SRS) Airbag warning lamps
- Steering Wheel / Lock / Multifunction
- Cruise Control*
- Rear Defogger
- Interior Lights
- Trim Panels / Floor Mats / Panels
- Air Conditioning – Climate Control
- Bonnet Release, Fuel Door and Boot Release
- Owner’s Manual, Service History
- Dash Gauges / Instruments / Warning Lights
Audio & Video Components
- Power Antenna
- Radio, CD / DVD Player
- Video Screens / Aux / Ipod Jack
- Mobile hands free.
Digital Photo Package
- Inspection Photos – At least 10+ quality digital photos showing highlights of the vehicle’s condition plus any visible damage – Email Only
Test Drive (When the seller and road conditions permit)
- Please note: In certain conditions a road test cannot be performed due to:
- Weather conditions or other unsafe road conditions
- Permission is not granted by the seller
- Proper insurance or registration is not available for the vehicle
- Other unforeseen issues
- In these situations, we will still attempt to start the engine and engage the transmission to ensure the car is drivable.
- Confirmation of Test Drive – Indication on the condition report whether a road test was performed, or if the inspector was limited to starting the engine only and engaging the transmission
- Engine – Function and indications of damage, such as inconsistent running, abnormal sounds or visual indication of leaks.
- Transmission — Condition of gear-shift control and/or clutch, proper shift function, and indications of damage, such as locking or not engaging.
- Steering and Drive Line — Function and indications of damage, such as pulling, roughness, steering control, impact of braking, and transmission shifts.
- Speedo Operation.
- Handbrake / Brakes – Stopping ability
- Temperature / Cooling fan operation.
- General Drivability
LPG / 4X4 / FWD / Fuel System – Additional Visual Checks
- LPG / Fuel System leaks
- Converter LPG – condition
- Fuel Caps
- Petrol/LPG switches
- 4×4 Function
- Transfer box leaks
- CV Joints and Rubber Boots
- Exhaust System
- Leaks from rear axle.
All our Inspections are based on a physical description of what is seen and heard by our inspectors on the day and is NOT “A FULL HISTORY OF THE VEHICLE” OR “ VALIDATION OF MILEAGE” We use various Electronic – Mechanical diagnostic equipment designed to enable us to inspect the Vehicle without the need to dismantle any parts. (* Not all tests can be done due to incompatibility or propriety systems)